Project Engineer (Engineer Development Program)
|February 03, 2014 - April 30, 2014|
|Location:||Various Locations, All States|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefit Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Engineer Development Program|
|Description:||Nicholsonís incoming Project Engineers will be part of the Engineer Development Program (EDP), a three-year, rotational mentoring program based in Pittsburgh. The primary goal of the EDP is to create valuable contributors in our organization through early career development that emphasizes execution. Opportunities will be provided so that successful candidates:
- Receive broad experience in the design and build world of construction.
- Balance of office and critical job site experience.
- Work in different parts of the country and in a vaiety of geologic environments.
- Learn to read and understand exploration reports, construction drawings and specifications.
- Learn the many techniques and applications in geotechnical construction.
- Feel the sense of accomplishment from a well-constructed project
- Get to know the great people of Nicholson Construction and our core business expertise and projects.
|Duties:||Participants are coordinated and mentored by the Program Director. Engineers participate in the program for a period of 3 years.
During this time, participants are given assignments that will allow them to learn the many facets of geotechnical construction, including on-site quality control, management, and supervisory roles. Office roles to include: design, estimating and business development.
These positons will involve travel but be based out of our corporate offices in Pittsburgh, PA. Participants in the program will be required to establish a residence in the Pittsburgh area.
When working on construction sites, participants will be provided a hotel or apartment with the project team and will receive per diem payments to cover meals and incidental expenses.
The training program will challenge participants with broad experience and a deep understanding of Nicholson and the projects we undertake. It is a springboard for future growth. The Program Director will work with other senior leaders to place successful candidates upon completion of the program into corporate or field positions with Nicholson Construction Company.
|Qualifications:||Applicants should be graduates in Civil Engineering or Construction Management and authorized to work in the US. Preference will be given to candidates specializing in the geotechnical, structural or construction areas as well as those with a Masters degree.
Expectations for success in the program include:
In an effort to foster a diverse workforce Nicholson Construction encourages applications from minorities, veterans, women and individuals with disabilities. EEO/AA employer.
- A willingness to travel to gain experience on various jobsites with different techniques, people and geologic environments.
- A strong work ethic and dedication to professional growth and continuous learning.
- Demonstrated conscientious work habits that include attention to detail, clear documentation, and communication skillls.
- Proven critical thinking skills
- A willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback from the Program Director and other managers within the company.
- Demonstrated ethical behavior and integrity at all times
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.