|January 27, 2014 - February 27, 2014|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package (See Benefits Link in Career Portal)|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Provides overall management for multiple base business Monitoring projects or runs one large complex project at a time|
|Duties:||• Ensures that all Nicholson and OSHA safety regulations are met and enforced; bottom line responsibility for safety|
• Negotiates contracts and oversees subcontractor and large supplier procurement
• Oversees all aspects of a project in accordance with the Nicholson Project Management Manual guidelines.
• Responsible for designs, submittals, material ordering, pre-job planning and scheduling
• Creates and reviews job cost report , re-budgets, and cash flows
• Client interaction and correspondence
• A/R collection
• Responsible for the coordination, review and submittal of project change orders, extra work orders, and back charge documentation
• Responsible for the analysis, development and submittal of claims, including coordinating with the District Manager and Risk Manager for support and overall strategy
• Ensures that all Nicholson policies applicable to Nicholson are followed (safety, quality, drug testing, travel, etc)
|Qualifications:||Education and Experience:|
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related degree; Masters in Geotechnical a plus.
• Advanced knowledge (Minimum 5 years) of Instrumentation and Monitoring equipment, techniques, drawings, specifications, surveying, design, or geotechnical work
• Proficient with bidding and job costing procedures
• Fully capable to evaluate opportunities and present the aspects of the opportunity to management including issues related to technical risk, engineering requirements, contract, and any additional or faulty information
• Able to meet with clients, create and deliver presentations, and negotiate contracts
• Strong experience with client meetings, screening and evaluating project opportunities, and creation of presentations concerning project work
• Knowledge of job costing, bidding and scheduling software
• Experience in contract negotiations and review
• Understanding of projects risks and ability to make risk assessments
• Demonstrated ability to organize and lead team and track a project, program or area of responsibility from bid stage through project completion.
• Knowledge of job costing and scheduling software (Viewpoint/Heavy Job a plus)
• Knowledge in use of sales lead software (Reed Connect a plus)
• Experience in contract negotiations
• Proficient understanding of project risks and risk assessments
• Advanced knowledge of business development techniques, communication skills, presentation skills, contracts, scheduling and risk assessment.
• Able to identify and communicate potential problems as well as successes to Nicholson, Clients and other partners
In an effort to foster a diverse workforce Nicholson Construction encourages applications from minorities, veterans, women and individuals with disabilities. EEO/AA employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.